I love to learn new things. I can’t help it – even if I watch a movie, youtube videos or play video games, my brain automatically focuses to learn something from the experience.
Since learning together is often better than learning alone, I decided to stick on top of this blog a list of things I’m currently interested in. I’ll do my best to update it as I go.
Here’s an incomplete list in a random order:
- Psychology: particularly the unseen forces that motivate us, often without even knowing
- Modern philosophy on ethics and moral systems
- Game design, in particular design of games focused on learning
- Greek. I don’t expect to speak it too soon, but it’s very interesting how many words and notions from Greek are part of European languages and culture
- Semiotics: how we express knowledge through symbols
- The connection between knowledge, software design, and software development. How we encode knowledge in code, and how we evolve knowledge and its encoding
- WordPress inner workings. I don’t like the wordpress code, but it’s a very useful product that I’m using extensively
- Video design and producing simple animations. It’s a big part of my current work, between the youtube channel and the learning programs
- Writing, both fiction and non-fiction. I’m rusty at writing fiction and I’d like to get back to it
- Evolution of culture. A common pattern is currents and anti-currents, but there’s much more. For example, how did fashion evolve? What influenced the design of objects that we use every day? etc.
- System thinking and complex adaptive systems. The pandemic continues to be a fascinating case study. I want it to end, but there’s no reason not to learn from it.
- Graphical design. I don’t expect to become proficient at it, just to learn a bit more than to follow the fundamental principles
- Geopolitics. I’d like to understand better the forces at work in history and diplomacy